Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ernest's 30th SURPRISE Birthday Party

Since Ernest was turning the big 3-0, I wanted to surprise him with a dinner to celebrate with some friends around here. The Birthday plans changed quite often up until the day of! Originally, I wanted to send Ernest and his guy friends golfing and fishing. My dad gave the idea for us to all go to Callaway Gardens- an idea which I loved! So I tried to secretively get everything together for us all to go there!... since this is a busy time of year, no one could go. I really wanted him to go golfing since he never gets to... So our friend Sam suggested they use his passes to just go one weekday. (Ernest isn't an avid golfer, but enjoys it whem he gets a chancw). Needless to say, I love this idea... but wanted to do something to "surprise him". The plan then changed to going to eat at one of our favorite places- California Dreaming! Ernest sometimes stops by there on his way home from work and grabs us salads... PERFECT!! We would be there waiting to say "SURPRISE!!!!"
That WOULD of worked perectly... until Sam told me they were all getting off early on Friday. UGH! The oh so wavering plan then changed to he and I "going to get salads I've been really craving lately" and everyone else would be there. Since they were getting off early, he and I could go after he got home, changed clothes and headed out to dinner. BUT THEN, on Friday, Ernest wasn't acting like he was getting off early because of a meeting. I then knew if he left at 4:30-5, he wouldn't have enough time to get home and change clothes... I'd have to meet him there. So I changed the plan again to "we are meeting your sister and Gertjan (her hubby) and Jonathan (their baby boy) to get some more veggies  and jami So we had to be there at 6:30". So we had to meet at babies R us so I could "get something for Avery" while he changed clothes in the car... to waste time until everyone got there. I walked all over that store talking to Rhonda on the phone to find out when everyone had arrived. We went the long way... and when we walked through the door, all the hostesses were walking around... so it wasn't a big SURPRISE factor because he saw everyone when we walked in the door. But all-in-all it was a fun dinner, and he was surprised! :)
Here are some pictures from the night!!

Our Blue Eyed Baby
Brandi and Josh








A preview of Avery's first Birthday!! She stuck her hand in Dada's cake (practicing)
Ernest's sister Marie with Jonathan


The Birthday Gang

"Ebony... Ivory..."
Avery with her Birthday Dada
Sure do love our family

1 comment:

  1. Well after all the planning it looks like yall had a great time! Tell Polk Vince and I said Happy Birthday. Looks like we'll be headed that way mid-August. We're using our block leave time to do some traveling between families in Douglasville and Greensboro until Vince starts work October 1st. But we'll have to house hunt at some point. We stopped by Sam and Rhonda's house last time we house hunted. But I was super sick with pregnancy and we only looked for 3 days. So maybe this next time we'll have to stop by yalls. Can't wait to meet you and Avery and see Polk.

    ReplyDelete