Monday, December 6, 2010

Going Away Party

Hey family and friends! I am finally checking in for the first time since my handsome soldier left! Avery and I miss Daddy SOOO increcibly much, but like you will hear quite often- We are SOOO proud of him. We are doing well, and getting in the swing of things. We are used to him leaving for a month or so at a time- and because of this, we have taken over the household jobs... and started our daily routines with Avery and I. Cooking for 1.5 isn't the most fun... but I'm trying! I have always cooked too much for all 3 of us, now we are missing the main consumer of the meals! Ernest has made it safely to his training area, and I successfully changed the smoke detector in our bedroom with a vaulted cieling. Now, lets dicuss who is doing the dirty work- ME! :) I carried a smaller ladder up 2 flights of stairs from the basement to our room. Got it set up- and it's too short. SO, I carried it back down to the basement and carried the large ladder up 2 flights of stairs. The life of a military wife! I have had some wonderful friends do an awesome job at cheering me up. The greatest combination? A tub of Half Baked Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, a ice cream tub coozie, and a huge spoon. Thank you Lisa Henson- You know how to comfort me! :) As far as Ernest goes, we have hardly been able to talk because he is so incredibly busy. The first few nights he had meetings until 11-12(their time) and had to get up at 4. He was exhausted, had the same cold as Avery and I... which isn't a good combination. But he says things are beginning end a little earlier... maybe 11... and he doesnt have to be up quite as early. He tries to call a couple times a day, but in general, it's only one phone call a day. I will continue to update everyone through this blog!! You can subscribe to it, so you will get updates as I send them.

So, I wanted to post some pictures from Ernest's Going Away Party that we had  on November 13. I wanted to give all of our families a chance to love on him before he left. We really appreciate everyone who came out- and missed those who couldn't make it. Thanks so much for all the letters, I know it will help his spirits. He asked me to put them in a package to be shipped for him to read while he is away. This will be a great encouragement for him!












 A little emotional when my dad was reading a story a friend sent me about while soldiers deploy.

No comments:

Post a Comment