Monday, January 3, 2011

Home for the holidays!

YES!!!! WE HAD DADDY HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!
Hey everyone, Sorry it has taken me so long to update this blog. I'm not really sure of who reads it... BUT, I am sorry if you do! :) It has been so hectic around here, as I'm sure you understand. We are past the first month mark in this deployment, and while I dislike how little I get to hear from him, time is moving pretty quickly. Some days quicker than others...
So, as many of you know- Ernest was able to come home for Christmas. This is a definite blessing for our family, and we did NOT take it for granted. I'm pretty sure Avery and I followed him around every where, like lost puppies. He didn't seem to mind though... we were taking in every second that we could!


BELIEVE IT OR NOT (sarcasm) Avery was spoiled and loved-on over Christmas! She has so many new toys... so many in fact, we are rearranging our house so that we will have enough space to put her new stuff, without having it all over the house! We are (I am) removing our formal living room, and creating a Play Place for our little toddler! She LOVES having all the toys in one room... and really knows it's HERS. One thing I am planning to do while Ernest is gone is finally decorate and get our house how we want it. And if any of you know me, you know I am a bargain shopper! SO, I will be finding the best deals possible, therefore, it will take this entire year to get it done! But it sure will be a fun task. And I am excited about my husband coming home to a cozy, organized home!
These pictures were taken at the airport when Avery and I went to get Daddy! His flight got in around 9:30 PM, so Avery slept on the way down there. Mean mommy woke her up... but I'm pretty sure seeing Daddy again made it all better. I had made a shirt for her to wear to surprise him, but once he walked up- and he grabbed her, she wouldn't let go long enough for him to see. It said "All I want for Christmas is Daddy" and had a cute army man on the front. Here are the pictures that we took at the airport.







 So, don't mind me... a couple friends and I got spray tans before the guys got home... needless to say, I WON'T be doin that again!! It did NOT look right on me... Im PALE, We have a PALE little family... and that's ok with me.

3 comments:

  1. good seeing you today. we'll have to get together more often. I Love the spray tan. I remember getting one before Vince came home from his last deployment and during his R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you changed the smoke detector by yourself on a vaulted ceiling!! Not an easy thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete