Saturday, September 5, 2009

For Starters

Hello all! Welcome to our family blog! My sister and a few friends have told me how wonderful and fun having a page is... so we'll try it out! We are hoping it will allow family/friends we are unable to see or talk to regularly to keep up with out changing family and lives. I'm sure for the most part I (Alex) will be doing the majority of the blogging... Highly doubt Ernest will be chomping at the bits to BLOG!! I however, will do my best to keep this as updated as possible!!

So our most recent news:
We were blessed with a beautiful baby girl- Avery Leigh- on August 2, 2009. She was born at 2:27 AM (same time as her mom) and weighed 7.6oz, 20in long. I have always been set on a natural birth, and with the help of my amazing husband it was a wonderful success! He was definitely able to give me the encouragement and the strength when I reached a point I felt was impossible to get passed!! It made me fall in love with him even more than I already was! The entire process was a blessing, and the pain has already vanished from my mind! :)




Please- Ignore the lovely hair- This is what a natural birth does to you in pictures- makes you look SOO BEAUTIFUL I know!! Cindy Lou Who! Keep in mind I was ALSO going on about 4 hours of sleep in 36 hours.


Proud Daddy


Beautiful Avery
Ernest (Polk to some people) currently works at Dobbins Air Force Base as a black hawk pilot/test pilot during the week, and is also part of the Army National Guard. I would love for this blog to give him a chance to keep in contact with some of the friends he is unable to talk to regularly due to his busy busy schedule. He's doing amazing- Avery and I are so proud of him!!

As for me, I am taking care of our baby love right now- and will finish the long journey of achieving my teaching degree when we decide best. I am planning to be a special education teacher- which takes a little extra time, but so worth it. One step at a time!!
We really hope this blog will help us update our loved ones on our family over time. Each day is an adventure- and we're loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment